The Sandwich Boardwalk is one of the top 10 best boardwalks in the nation, according to National Geographic.
The boardwalk was destroyed in 1991 by Hurricane Bob. The 1,350-foot walk was rebuilt and sits in Sandwich—the oldest town on Cape Cod.
Editor's Note: "This is no commercial strip. Instead of Ferris wheels and cotton candy, visitors are treated to postcard-worthy views of dunes, marshes, and a creek."
Below are the top 10 best boardwalks in the U.S., according to National Geographic:
· Atlantic City Boardwalk – Atlantic City, N.J.
· Coney Island Boardwalk – Brooklyn, N.Y..
· Myrtle Beach Boardwalk – Myrtle Beach, S.C.
· Ocean City Boardwalk – Ocean City, Md.
· Ocean Front Walk – Venice Beach, Calif..
· Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk – Rehoboth Beach, Del.
· Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk – Santa Cruz, Calif.
· Sandwich Boardwalk – Sandwich, Mass.
· Virginia Beach Boardwalk – Virginia Beach, Va.
· Wildwoods Boardwalk – Wildwoods, N.J.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.