A natural gas leak is to blame for a small explosion at a Shell gas station in Cranston.
It happened just after 11 a.m. at the station on Pontiac Avenue around the area of the car wash.
No injuries were reported.
According to National Grid, a natural gas line became disconnected from a furnace or water heater and when the device turned on, the leaking gas exploded.
A painter who was working on the gas station at the time said he heard the pop.
"We were getting ready to paint the wall and I heard a big bang. I thought it was a car accident. I turned around and I saw the walls coming back down after being blown out. It was pretty scary," Jeff Greenwood told NBC 10.
The gas station is currently undergoing renovation and has been closed for several weeks.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.