Chocolate Nutella Cookies
Makes about 20
1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 stick of soft butter
8 ounces of soft cream cheese
2 tbsp. Nutella
1 ¼ cups sugar
1 egg beaten
2 tbsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella
Method of Preparation:
1. In a bowl, add the dry ingredients mix and set aside.
2. In a bowl, using an electric hand mixer or whisk, beat the butter, cream cheese, sugar and the 2 tbsp. of Nutella and whip until fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and beat.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for an hour to get a bit firm.
6. On a lightly oiled baking sheet, using a spoon shape about 1 tbsp. size spoonful’s and gently press down, make sure they are 2” apart.
7. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 15 min. They may feel soft but will firm as they cool. Let get completely cold then spread nutella on the bottom of one of the cookies and press another bottom to that to form a sandwich type cookie. Enjoy.