Report: Faulty furnace blamed for CO leak in Fall River - News, Weather and Classifieds for Southern New England

Report: Faulty furnace blamed for CO leak in Fall River

Posted: Updated:
Fire officials say five children and an adult were taken from a Fall River home to a hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning. Fire officials say five children and an adult were taken from a Fall River home to a hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning.
FALL RIVER, Mass. -

A faulty furnace in the basement of a multifamily home in Fall River is to blame for a carbon monoxide leak that sent six people to the hospital, WHDH-TV reported.

Police told NBC 10 that someone called 911 after a carbon monoxide detector went off in the house on 205 Ridge St. at about 10:20 a.m.

Firefighters, police and rescue crews arrived at the address to find six people conscious and standing on the front porch. Five children and one adult entered rescue vehicles were taken to St. Anne's Hospital.

Their conditions were not immediately known.

Powered by WorldNow

23 Kenney Drive
Cranston, R.I., 02920

Telephone: 401.455.9100
Fax: 401.455.9140
Email: news@wjar.com

Can't find something?

NBC 10 Outerwear Provided by:

NBC 10 Media Relations
Provided by:

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.