4 bone-in veal chops, each 12 ounces
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups all-purpose flour
Juice of 1 lemon
4 large eggs
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 cups arugula
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup olive oil
12 fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Method of Preparation:
1. Put the veal chops on a cutting board and cover them with a large piece of plastic wrap. With a meat mallet, pound the meat to 1/4 inch thick.
2. Set up a breading station: In three separate bowls put the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs. Lightly whisk the eggs. Stir the Parmesan into the bread crumbs.
3. Season the veal chops liberally with salt and pepper. Dredge them in flour and shake off the excess, then dip them in egg, and then in bread crumbs to coat.
4. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and butter. When the fat is hot add the veal chops and cook until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Remove to paper towels to drain until ready to serve.
5. In a large mixing bowl combine the garlic, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon salt. Whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil. Add the onion, toss to coat evenly, and let marinate for 10 minutes.
6. Add the arugula, tomatoes, and basil to the dressing and gently toss together.
7. To serve, place a veal chop in the center of each plate and top with salad
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.