A patient at The Miriam Hospital who contracted Legionnaires' disease was discharged from the hospital Friday, Lifespan said.
The Rhode Island Department of Health said the case was diagnosed over the weekend.
The hospital said it used bottled water instead of tap water and alcohol gel rather than tap water for hand-washing as a precaution.
The Legionella bacteria is found naturally in warm water but it is not transmitted from person to person.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.