2 containers of Grape Tomatoes washed and cut into half.
4 tbsp. olive oil
3 large cloves of garlic sliced thinly
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped fine
1 tbsp. fresh basil chopped fine
2/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese divided
1 pound whole wheat penne pasta.
Method of preparation:
1. Have a pot of salted water boiling.
2. Drop the pasta in and start cooking. It takes 8 min to cook but in this case only 6 min.
3. So while working quickly, heat the oil in a large pan and add the garlic on high heat.
4. When it starts to lightly brown after about 2 min, add the tomatoes and sauté them until they start to blister and get soft about 3-4 min.
5. Add the bay leaf and by then the pasta should be cooked at 6 min.
6. Drain the pasta off reserving a little pasta water about 1 cup.
7. Add the pasta to the tomato mixture, add 1/2 cup of the pasta water and stir gently until the juice start to become thickened if more is needed add the remaining water. Toss in 1/2 of the cheese and parsley and basil.
8. Mix well and place in a warm platter and add the remaining cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.