NBC10'S AMERICA'S GOT TALENT FRONT OF THE LINE AUDITION PASS
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. IF YOU ARE A MINOR, ASK YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN FOR PERMISSION AND TO HELP YOU ENTER. The NBC10's America's Got Talent Front of the Line Audition Pass (the "Promotion") is sponsored by Media General Operations, Inc. d/b/a WJAR-TV NBC 10 ("WJAR"). Promotion is only offered in Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Massachusetts (the "Promotion Area"). Void outside of Promotion Area and where prohibited.
2. Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. WJAR shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By entering, each entrant (and each minor entrant's parent or legal guardian) irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and waives any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Promotion-related advertising or materials.
3. Promotion begins on January 6, 2014. Entry deadline is January 27, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET"). Drawing to determine winners will be held on or about January 28, 2014. WJAR's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
4. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing information to WJAR and not to Facebook. The information entrants provide will only be used for administration of the Promotion and as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules. Any questions that entrants have about this Promotion must be directed to WJAR and not to Facebook.
5. To be eligible, each entrant must be at least thirteen (13) years old (minors must have permission of parent/guardian to enter) and a legal resident of the Promotion Area (above) as of date of entry. In addition, each entrant must have an existing Facebook account prior to January 6, 2014.
6. Employees of WJAR, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) and households (whether or not related), are not eligible to enter or win. The term "household" includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
7. Prizes (5): One (1) Front-of-the-Line pass to the America's Got Talent ("AGT") auditions on February 1, 2014 at the Rhode Island Convention Center, One Sabin Street, Providence, RI 02903 (the "Auditions") to perform a 90 second audition during the AGT Bus tour visit to Providence, RI. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $0. Prize has no cash value.
8. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
9. Passes are subject to all rules and restrictions of venue and America's Got Talent. Visit www.americasgottalentauditions.com for more information. WJAR will not be responsible for weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, strike, work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside its control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Auditions and the terms and conditions of America's Got Talent will govern in such event.
10. All prize details shall be at WJAR's sole discretion. This pass is for talent auditions for NBC's "America's Got Talent." There is no expressed guarantee or warranty that the audition will result in an appearance on the television program. The pass will only allow an individual or performance group to go to the front of the line for a chance to audition for AGT. Winners are solely responsible, at their own expense, for making all travel and transportation arrangements to Providence, RI on February 1, 2014. Winners understand that once they win the pass they must adhered to the terms and conditions set forth by AGT. Pre-registration is strongly recommended. Each winner is solely responsible for ensuring that he or she completes and brings all required paperwork and photo identification on February 1, 2014 and that he or she reads and complies with all audition requirements (including those applicable to minors). Information about such requirements, the auditions and eligibility can be found at http://www.americasgottalentauditions.com. Please do not contact the venue.
11. Each winner assumes (or, if a minor, his or her parent or guardian assumes) sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), any other taxes, fees, surcharges, lodging, transportation, tips, gratuities, parking, souvenirs, concessions, meals, snacks, beverages, sightseeing, excursions, upgrades, baggage fees, hotel services, telephone charges, passenger fees, and incidentals.
12. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. Prizes may not be substituted or transferred except by WJAR in its sole discretion. Any prize not claimed or used by any winner is forfeit and no cash substitute will be offered or permitted. Prizes offered are provided "as is" with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by WJAR. WJAR has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. Other restrictions apply.
13. Entries will be accepted beginning January 6, 2014 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ending January 27, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET. You must have a Facebook account prior to January 6, 2014 to be eligible.
14. To enter, visit NBC10's Facebook page at facebook.com/#!/nbc10 (the "Promotion Page"). If you are not already a fan of the Promotion Page, you must "like" the Promotion Page. Then, post a comment on NBC10's America's Got Talent Cover photo. Entries will not be accepted via any other method. All entries must be received by WJAR no later than January 27, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by WJAR. WJAR will not accept screen shots as proof of entry.
15. Limit one (1) entry per person. Additional entries received from any such person thereafter will be subject to disqualification. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, Facebook accounts, or logins) are prohibited and will void all entries submitted by that entrant. No group submissions will be accepted.
16. WJAR is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of passive or active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the entry will be deemed made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the Facebook account used for entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the Facebook account by Facebook.
17. Entrants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by WJAR. WJAR is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. WJAR reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of WJAR and will not be returned or acknowledged.
SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNERS
19. On January 28, 2014, or within a reasonable time thereafter, WJAR or its designee will randomly choose five (5) names from all timely entries received. Subject to verification of eligibility, the persons whose names are so drawn will be declared the winners.
20. WJAR will contact each potential winner in accordance with the information supplied to WJAR. Each winner must respond to initial notification within twenty-four (24) hours and may be required (or, if a minor, his or her parent or legal guardian) may be required on his or her behalf) to present valid photo identification, signed affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability release, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents to WJAR no later than twenty-four (24) hours after initial notification. WJAR in its sole discretion may allow transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail. Prizes will be electronically delivered to confirmed winners via the e-mail addresses provided by winners to WJAR and must be presented by winners at the Auditions on February 1, 2014.
21. In the event that any potential winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, WJAR within twenty-four (24) hours of initial attempted notification, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, (d) or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, WJAR in its discretion may disqualify that individual and, an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Any alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. If time permits, one (1) alternate drawing will be conducted. If a winner cannot be verified for a particular prize after one (1) alternate drawing or there is not enough time remaining prior to the Auditions to verify a winner for such prize, no further drawings will be held for that prize and that prize will not be awarded.
22. WJAR may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winners' names on the Promotion Page and/or any of WJAR's websites, including www.turnto10.com.
23. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees (or if a minor, his or her parent or legal guardian agrees on his or her behalf) to award WJAR the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of winner's photograph on WJAR's websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
24. By entering, each entrant (and each minor entrant's parent or legal guardian) agrees that WJAR, Facebook, FremantleMedia North America & Simco, Ltd., any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and a range of subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, officers, directors, employees and related persons (collectively, "Released Parties"): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not received by WJAR by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Promotion, or in the announcement of the prizes; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the acceptance of entries, the selection of winners, the prizes or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials; (f) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry; (g) are not responsible for the inability to select winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (h) are released from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, arising in whole or in part directly or indirectly, from participating in the Promotion (in whole or in part), the use (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Promotion, and the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of any prize.
25. RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO THE PRIZE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PROMOTION OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF ANY PRIZE OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE PROMOTION OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE PROMOTION. RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE, AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL.
26. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, YOU (AND YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IF YOU ARE A MINOR IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE) AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE, INJURY OR LOSS TO PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY RELATED IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, REDEMPTION, USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY, USE BY A RELEASED PARTY OF ANY ENTRY, PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST A RELEASED PARTY.
27. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
28. Facebook is not a sponsor of this Promotion. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Promotion.
29. WJAR reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion or any part thereof, in the event that WJAR determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond WJAR's control. In such an event, WJAR will post notice of same at the Promotion Page and select the winners by conducting a random drawing from among all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion or in such other manner as WJAR, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
30. WJAR reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if WJAR concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards WJAR or any other entrant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein, including through the use of any prohibited device or method. Any failure by WJAR to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
31. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND WJAR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
32. All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion, including any reference to an entrant's status as a "winner," is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules and you (and your parent or legal guardian if you are a minor in your state of residence) agree to cooperate with WJAR concerning such verification and/or auditing. WJAR reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners, and WJAR reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual based on such background check if WJAR determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on WJAR. Each entrant (and each minor entrant's parent or legal guardian) agrees to cooperate with WJAR and its representatives in connection with any and all verification and background check activities. If WJAR determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, WJAR reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Promotion and any prize at any time.
33. WJAR reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, WJAR reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
34. By entering the Promotion, each entrant (and each minor entrant's parent or legal guardian) agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant (and each minor entrant's parent or legal guardian) hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you.
35. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
36. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by Rhode Island law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Rhode Island. Each entrant (and each minor entrant's parent or legal guardian) expressly agrees that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in Providence County, Rhode Island, and each entrant (and each minor entrant's parent or legal guardian) consents to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
37. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
WINNERS' LIST/OFFICIAL RULES
38. For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winners' List, visit the Promotion Page or www.turnto10.com or mail a SASE to: NBC10's America's Got Talent Front of the Line Audition Pass c/o WJAR, 23 Kenney Drive, Providence, Rhode Island 02920, specifying either "Winners' List" or "Official Rules." Winners' List will be available after February 28, 2014.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Starts 1/6/14 at 12:01 am ET. Open only to residents of RI, CT & MA, 13+ (w/parent's consent if minors) as of entry date w/FB acct before 1/6/14. Excludes Sponsor employees & their hshld/immed fam mbrs. To enter, "like" us on facebook.com/#!/nbc10 & post comment on NBC 10's AGT cover photo by 1/27/14 at 11:59 pm ET. Limit 1 entry per person. Winners selected 1/28/14. Prizes (5): 1 Front-of-Line pass to AGT auditions on 2/1/13. ARV: $0. No retail value. Odds of winning depend on # of entries. Winners resp. for all taxes/costs assoc w/use of prize. Other restrs apply. For full rules & Winners' List (avail. 2/28/14), visit facebook.com/#!/nbc10 or send request w/SASE to Sponsor (WJAR), 23 Kenney Dr, Providence, RI 02920. Void where prohibited.