Holiday pastry recipes by Chef Ferron
3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. clove
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup molasses
1 beaten egg
1/2 cup shortening (melted)
1 cup seedless raisins
Method of Preparation:
1. In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, clove, ginger, baking soda and salt.
2. Cream together the shortening (melted) and sugar until smooth.
3. Blend in the egg and molasses.
4. Add in the sifted dry ingredients and mix to a stiff dough.
5. Add 1 C. seedless raisins.
6. Form into 1inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar.
7. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake 7-8 minutes at 375 degrees.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.