Holiday pastry recipes by Chef Ferron
2 sticks plus 2 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Red food coloring
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup plus 1 T. white rice flour
1 Cup minus 1 T. tapioca flour (tapioca starch)
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1/4 cup chopped pistachios
1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries
Method of Preparation:
1. Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
2. Add the rice flour, tapioca flour and xanthan gum. Mix just until blended.
3. Add the egg and vanilla, combine just until blended. Mix in the nuts and fruit.
4. Roll into a 2 inch diameter log about 8 inches long. Roll in colored sugar.
5. Wrap and refrigerate. Slice into 3/4-inch cookies.
6. Bake at 375 degrees until slightly golden on the bottom.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.