1/2 loaf of Italian bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, divided
1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 large onion, chopped
2 large celery ribs, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup heavy cream, divided
1/4 cup turkey giblet stock or reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (2 ounces)
1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with rack in middle. Generously butter baking dish.
2. Put bread in 2 shallow baking pans and bake, switching position of pans halfway through baking, until just dried out, about 10 minutes.
3. Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers, then cook half of sausage, stirring and breaking it into small pieces, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl. Brown remaining sausage in remaining tablespoon oil, transferring to bowl.
4. Pour off fat from skillet and wipe clean. Heat butter over medium heat until foam subsides, then cook onions, celery, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Add vegetables and bread to sausage.
5. Whisk together eggs, 1/4 cup cream, turkey stock, cheese, and parsley, then stir into stuffing and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.