1 lb. mushrooms, about 15-20
2 cloves garlic
2-3 slices bacon
8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed
4 T. mixed, chopped herbs - parsley, chives, dill, fennel, chervil, etc.
Freshly ground pepper
2 oz. grated parmesan
Method of Preparation:
1. Clean mushrooms by brushing them with a mushroom brush or a damp paper towel. Cut the dried part off the stem and discard. Remove the stems and hollow out the cap a little. Set the mushroom caps aside.
2. Chop the stems and the garlic. Cook the bacon in a pan until crispy. Remove bacon from pan onto paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat.
3. Brown chopped mushroom stems and garlic in bacon grease until mushroom pieces have given off their water and it has mostly evaporated. Set aside to cool.
4. Thaw 1/4 cup of spinach. Squeeze out most of the water.
5. Chop any fresh herbs you can find. Parsley and chives are fine if that's all you have.
6. Mix spinach, chopped herbs, bacon, 4 ounces of cream cheese (one half of a package) and half of the garlic-mushroom stem mixture. Grind some pepper over the top. Mix well.
7. With your hands or two spoons, form balls of cream cheese mixture that fit into the mushroom caps. Fill half the mushroom caps.
8. Set mushrooms in greased pans such as a pie tin, Pyrex casserole dish or other.
9. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes or until fillings are browned and mushrooms start letting off liquid.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.