Chief: Natural gas leak caused Pawtucket explosion - News, Weather and Classifieds for Southern New England

Chief: Natural gas leak caused Pawtucket explosion

Posted: Updated:
PAWTUCKET, R.I. -

A natural gas leak from somewhere inside the house caused an explosion and fire that tore apart a triple-decker in Pawtucket and left a man and baby badly burned.
    
Pawtucket Fire Chief William Sisson says the explosion at the Mineral Spring Avenue dwelling this month has been ruled accidental. He says utility inspectors checked gas lines from the street to the building and ruled out a leak there.
    
Sisson says fire investigators could not determine the ignition source and may never know because the building was so heavily damaged.
    
What was left of the building was torn down.

Powered by WorldNow

23 Kenney Drive
Cranston, R.I., 02920

Telephone: 401.455.9100
Fax: 401.455.9140
Email: news@wjar.com

Can't find something?

NBC 10 Outerwear Provided by:

NBC 10 Media Relations
Provided by:

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.