Roast Turkey for Two
1 gal. apple cider
1 cup Kosher salt
4 sprigs fresh sage or 1 Tbsp. rubbed sage
1 sm. onion; chopped
1/2 bone-in turkey breast
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
1/4 tsp. rubbed sage
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
Method of Preparation:
1. Combine all brine ingredients in a stock pot and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve salt.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
3. Six hours before cooking, submerge the turkey in the brine refrigerate for 6 hours. Alternatively, you can brine the breast a day or two in advance, then remove from the brine, rinse, pat dry, and store in a sealed container until ready to cook.
4. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Melt butter with sage.
5. Brush breast with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Cook breast for about 45 minutes until an instant-read thermometer** inserted in the center of the breast reads 160 degrees.
7. Remove from oven and tent with foil. Rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.