1 1/2 cups All- Purpose flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
6 tbsp. butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 ripe avocado
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3/8 cup buttermilk
16 tsp. nutella
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put cupcake liners in muffin tin.
2. In a medium sized bowl, sift together flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside. Set the eggs out on the counter to come to room temperature while you beat the butter and sugar.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter on medium speed until softened and pliable. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
Add the avocado and beat another minute to incorporate. Scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure that everything is thoroughly mixed.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating 1 minute after the addition of each egg. Beat in vanilla extract.
5. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add half of the flour mixture, all of the buttermilk, and then the rest of the flour mixture. Beat just until combined.
6. Pour into cupcake liners until they are about 3/4 full. Put a dollop (about a tsp) of nutella on top of each liner full of batter and swirl around with a butter knife. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let cool for five minutes in pan and then remove to a wire rack.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.