Officials: Faulty wiring blamed for Pawtucket apartment fire - News, Weather and Classifieds for Southern New England

Officials: Faulty wiring blamed for Pawtucket apartment fire

Posted: Updated:
PAWTUCKET, R.I. -

Officials said a fire that ripped through the top floor of a multifamily home in Pawtucket was caused by faulty wiring.

The fire happened at about 6:15 p.m. Monday at a home on Dudley Street.

Officials said the fire started between the second and third floors. No injuries were reported.

Officials said at one point the fire became so intense that crews needed to be pulled out, and several nearby homes were evacuated.

No one was home at the time of the fire.

Powered by WorldNow

23 Kenney Drive
Cranston, R.I., 02920

Telephone: 401.455.9100
Fax: 401.455.9140
Email: news@wjar.com

Can't find something?

NBC 10 Outerwear Provided by:

NBC 10 Media Relations
Provided by:

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.