Pumpkin Ravioli with Sage Brown Butter and Balsamic Reduction Sauce
1 3-pound sugar pumpkin
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons light-brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup Locatelli cheese
3 large or 6 small amaretti cookies, crushed
2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon shallots, chopped
Pinch of nutmeg
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 pounds store-bought fresh pasta sheets
1 tablespoon semolina flour
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage leaves
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp. butter
Method of Preparation:
1. Roast pumpkin at 400 degrees for about an hour
2. Place flesh of pumpkin in the bowl of a food processor, along with egg, Locatelli, amaretti, ricotta, shallot, and a pinch of nutmeg; process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Lay 1 pasta sheet on work surface. Place 1 tablespoon filling every 3 inches.
4. Brush water around filling. Place another sheet on top, pressing around filling to seal.
5. Using a pastry wheel, cut each ravioli into a 3-by-3-inch square. Repeat with remaining pasta sheets and filling.
6. Transfer ravioli to a parchment-lined baking sheet sprinkled with semolina; freeze for at least 30 minutes.
7. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add ravioli and cook until it just floats, 3 to 4 minutes.
8. In a large sauté pan, melt butter over high heat. Add sage; cook until butter begins to brown and sizzle, about 1 minute.
9. Remove pan from heat; whisk in balsamic. Using a slotted spoon, transfer ravioli to pan, tossing to combine. Serve immediately with cheese, if desired.
10. For reduction sauce, place 1 cup of balsamic in a pan and reduce down halfway add 4 tbsp. of butter 1 at a time and serve over raviolis.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.