Chef Claire Yap of Malaysia
2 cups Glutinous Rice Flour
1/2 cup Water
Screw Pine Leaves (Pandan Leaves)
Green, Yellow and Red Food Coloring
1 block Palm Sugar
A pinch of Salt
1/2 cup Coconut milk
1/2 cup Water
1 tsp. Pandan Flavoring
Method of Preparation:
1. Combine glutinous rice flour and water into a bowl and mix until combined and soft. Divide mixture into 3 and add a little of red, green and yellow food coloring to each dough respectively.
2. Finely chop palm sugar. In a pot, place water and put it onto the stove and allow to boil.
3. Peel off a little dough and make it into a small ball. Make a little hole in the middle of the ball and place a little palm sugar on it and roll it back into a small ball.
4. Continue step 3 until all dough has been used.
5. In the pot with boiling water, add a little salt and place the little balls in one by one. Once the balls float up, take them out of the pot and place it in a bowl.
6. In another pot, pour in the coconut milk, pandan flavoring and water and bring it to a boil.
7. In the bowl with the balls, pour over the coconut milk mixture, garnish with some screw pine leaf and it is ready to be served.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.