1 cup Goya rice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup black currant
1/2 cup pine nut
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. allspice
1 tsp. paprika
Pinch of salt and pepper
Pinch of red pepper
Fresh mint leaves, parsley and dill
4-5 cloves of garlic, minced
2 mid-size onions
1 tsp. sugar
1 1/2 cup boiled chestnut
Method of Preparation:
1. Rinse rice until the water is clear. Soak the rice in hot water for at least an hour. Add 1 tsp. of salt in the water.
2. Soak black currants in a bowl covered with hot water.
3. In a pan, heat olive oil then add the onions, garlic and pine nuts until caramelized. Then drain the rice and add to the pan with salt, pepper and sugar and continue to stir and sauté.
4. Add the black currants, cinnamon, allspice, paprika, and boiled chestnuts to the pan with 1 1/2 cup of boiled water, cover top.
5. Allow the rice to cook until you see the dimples on the surface. Once cooked, open the lid and add the chopped parsley, mint and dill and leave uncovered for about 10 minutes to let the rice to infuse.
6. Before serving combine and mix all ingredients.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.