A natural gas leak at a vacant house in Swansea early Thursday morning forced about 20 people from surrounding homes.
The fire chief said the leak at 162 Wilbur Ave. was an act of vandalism and that there was enough gas to cause an explosion. No one was hurt.
The street was shut down for about 90 minutes. Residents were allowed back in their homes.
Police removed a hacksaw from the house that they believe was used to cut the gas pipes.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.