1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin steak
4 strips bacon
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 shallot, minced
1 cup heavy cream
4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
2 tablespoons Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
salt and coarse black pepper to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Prepare the meat by wrapping each tenderloin steak with a strip of bacon and holding it in place with a toothpick. Season each steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat a seasoned cast iron pan until it just begins to smoke and add the olive oil. Quickly place each steak into the pan, allowing them to sear until a crisp brown surface starts to form.
4. Turn each steak over and repeat this process on the second side.
5. Finish the steaks by placing them into the oven for 8-10 minutes (time/temp may need adjusting). Finished temperature should be 130 degrees F – 145 degrees F according to your liking.
6. Remove the steaks from the oven and place on a plate to rest for 5-7 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium high heat and add the butter, gently melting. Add the shallot and sauté until they are starting to become clear.
8. Add the cream, and both cheeses and bring barely to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for two to three minutes stirring regularly.
9. Season to taste and spoon over rested meat with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.