4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup shallot, diced
1 cup Arborio rice, rinsed
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon white truffle oil
salt and white pepper to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Gather all the ingredients and equipment.
2. Bring the chicken broth or stock to a boil in a sauce pan.
3. Meanwhile, in an additional two-quart sauce pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Stir in the onions and saute 30-45 seconds or until they begin to become clear but not browned. Add the rice and stir to coat with the olive oil. Add the wine and reduce for a minute before adding half of the boiling broth or stock.
4. Continue stirring with a wooden spoon or heatproof spatula over medium heat, bringing the rice to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer stirring regularly to prevent sticking.
5. Continue stirring regularly and add the remaining hot stock in two to three additions over 15 minutes, as each previous addition becomes absorbed.
6. When the last of the stock is added and the risotto thickens, remove it from the heat and stir in the butter and cheese.
7. Season to taste with salt, white pepper, and the truffle oil, stir and serve.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.