1 pound prepared polenta
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 pint half-half
1 clove garlic, crushed
4 tablespoons butter, cubed
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
10 ounces fontina val d'Aosta, diced
2 egg yolks, beaten
salt and white pepper to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. In a small sauce pan, heat the half&half to a scald with the garlic clove in it.
2. In another small saucepan, melt two tablespoons of the butter and then stir in the flour.
3. Slowly whisk the hot milk into the butter and flour mixture, adding a small amount each time, then stirring until smooth.
4. Continue this process until all of the milk is used, then whisk in the cheese, again stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the remaining butter and season to taste with salt and white pepper.
5. Beat the egg yolks in a small bowl and add two to three spoons of the hot sauce to them, stirring until smooth each time. Quickly return the heated sauce and yolk mixture back to the pot of sauce, whisking until fully combined.
6. Brush the polenta with the olive oil and heat by sautéing or grilling until hot in the center.
7. Top with the sauce and sprinkle with Parmiggiano Reggiano
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.