For the tarts:
boiling salted water
1 pounds fresh bucatini pasta
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 ounces guanciale or pancetta, diced
4 ounces onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 cup white wine
1 29-ounce can whole peeled plum tomatoes
¼ cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
salt and coarse ground black pepper to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Drop the bucatini into the boiling water and cook 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or al dente, then drain reserving some of the liquid.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the guanciale and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring regularly.
3. Add the onion to the pan and continue to cook until they become slightly see through. Adjust the heat to limit browning.
4. Stir in the garlic and crushed red pepper, cook a minute longer then add the white wine and the tomatoes.
5. Continue to cook, allowing the tomatoes start to break down a bit.
6. Stir the cheese and the parsley into the sauce and toss with the pasta. Add some of the pasta water if the sauce reduces.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.