1. OBAMA: U.S. CONCLUDES SYRIAN GOV'T BEHIND CHEMICAL ATTACK
The president says he's still evaluating possible military retaliation, but said any American response would send a "strong signal."
2. SUSPECTED GAS ATTACK SURVIVORS DESCRIBE HORRORS
"I ran out to see what was going on and saw people in various stages of suffocation and convulsions," says one resident.
3. FORT HOOD GUNMAN SENTENCED TO DEATH
Maj. Nidal Hasan could become the first American soldier executed in more than half a century, but a lengthy appeals process is expected.
4. PRESIDENT SAYS KING'S DREAM NOT YET REALITY
Speaking on the 50th anniversary of the Rev. King's speech, the president also challenged new generations to seize the cause of racial equality.
5. FAST-FOOD WORKERS WANT FRIES WITH THAT
They're planning walkouts to push for higher wages_$15 an hour_but the National Restaurant Association says it would hurt job creation.
6. AMONG ILLEGAL DRUGS, POT IS TOPS
The global survey also found that addictions to painkillers like Vicodin, Oxycontin and codeine kill the most people.
7. SCIENTISTS FIND CLUE TO AGE-RELATED MEMORY LOSS
Researchers discover that a gene in part of the brain's memory center starts producing less of a key protein.
8. MONTANA JUDGE APOLOGIZES FOR COMMENTS IN RAPE CASE
He described the teen victim as "older than her chronological age" when he handed down her rapist's sentence.
9. DOCTOR SAYS JACKSON SOUGHT PROPOFOL EARLIER
She refused the singer's late 1990s request and told him it wasn't appropriate to use anesthesia as a sleep aid.
10. VENUS WILLIAMS RUNS OUT OF SOLUTIONS AT U.S. OPEN
The two-time champion tried to dig herself out after a poor start, but lost a 3rd-set tiebreaker to 56th-ranked Zheng Jie of China.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.