1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 whole black peppercorns
1 bay leaf
3 ounces egg yolks
2 cups clarified butter
salt and ground white pepper to taste
1 lemon, halved
pinch cayenne pepper
Method of Preparation:
1. In a saucepan, combine white wine, vinegar, peppercorns, and bay leaf and heat to a boil. Reduce to half of the original volume, strain, and cool.
2. In a bowl, whisk the cooled reduction into the egg yolks.
3. Whisk the egg yolk mixture over a double boiler, cooking until the eggs start to ribbon and change color. Remove the eggs from the heat.
4. Slowly add the hot clarified butter to the eggs, whisking constantly. As the sauce thickens, add lemon juice as needed to loosen sauce. Continue adding butter until sauce is complete.
5. Adjust the seasonings and add cayenne. Serve immediately.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.