3 cups of sifted all purpose flour
1 tsp grated lemon zest minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 cups sugar
1 cup soft butter
6 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup butter milk (another option is 1 cup whole milk, 1 tbsp lemon juice let sit for 30 min will have the same reaction as purchasing buttermilk)
Method of Preparation:
1. Preheat an oven to 325 degrees.
2. Heavily butter a 9-inch tube pan.
3. In a bowl, combine the butter and sugar and using a wire whish, beat until smooth and slightly fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time to combine add the vanilla and butter milk and mix to combine.
5. Add the flour in 3 sections combine well. Add the lemon zest, salt and baking soda and beat well until a smooth batter is reached.
6. Pour the batter in the prepared cake pan and bake in the oven for 1 hour 20 min or until a toothpick when inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool and unmold.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.