1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Method of Preparation:
1. Place sliced strawberries in a large bowl. Toss with sugar; let stand for at least one hour at room temperature, or up to four hours.
2. Puree the strawberries and their juices with the water in a blender. Taste and add fresh lemon juice.
3. Pour strawberry mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze approximately 45 minutes or until icy at edge of pan.
4. After 45 minutes, whisk to distribute frozen portions evenly. Cover and return to freezer and freeze about 3 hours or overnight until frozen solid.
5. When ready to serve the granita, remove from freezer. Using a fork, scrape granita down length of pan, forming icy flakes. Return to freezer for at least 1 hour.
6. To serve, scoop flaked granita into tall goblets or parfait glasses. If the granita is too solid you can allow it to sit in the refrigerator for half an hour until you can scrape it with a fork. Garnish with mint leaves and drizzled balsamic.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.