1/3 cup water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 whole star anise
1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
Method of Preparation:
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, sugar, and star anise to boil until sugar is dissolved. Remove and discard star anise and let the syrup cool. Once cool, stir the syrup into the grapefruit juice.
2. Pour grapefruit mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze approximately 45 minutes or until icy at edge of pan.
3. After 45 minutes, whisk to distribute frozen portions evenly. Cover and return to freezer and freeze about 3 hours or overnight until frozen solid.
4. When ready to serve the granita, remove from freezer. Using a fork, scrape granita down length of pan, forming icy flakes. Return to freezer for at least 1 hour.
5. To serve, scoop flaked granita into tall goblets or parfait glasses. Serve immediately.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.