1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups water
1/2 cup limoncello
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup whipping cream
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method of Preparation:
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water; bring to a simmer. Simmer 1 to 2 minutes or just until sugar dissolves and turns clear. Remove from heat and let mixture cool to room temperature. Stir in the limoncello and lemon juice.
2. Pour limoncello mixture into a 9-inch square baking dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze approximately 45 minutes or until icy at edge of pan.
3. After 45 minutes, whisk to distribute frozen portions evenly. Cover and freeze again until icy at edge of pan and overall texture is slushy, about 45 minutes.
4. After 45 minutes, again whisk to distribute frozen portions evenly. Cover and return to freezer and freeze about 3 hours or overnight until frozen solid.
5. When ready to serve the granita, remove from freezer. Using a fork, scrape granita down length of pan, forming icy flakes. Return to freezer for at least 1 hour.
6. In a medium bowl, whip whipping cream and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
7. To serve, scoop flaked granita into tall goblets or parfait glasses, filling halfway. Top with whipped cream. Serve immediately.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.