4 cups freshly brewed espresso
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur
2 cups whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
shaved chocolate for garnish
Method of Preparation:
1. While coffee is hot, stir in sugar until dissolved; add coffee flavored liqueur.
2. Pour coffee mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze approximately 45 minutes or until icy at edge of pan.
3. After 45 minutes, whisk to distribute frozen portions evenly. Cover and freeze again until icy at edge of pan and overall texture is slushy, about 45 minutes.
4. After 45 minutes, whisk to distribute frozen portions evenly. Cover and return to freezer and freeze about 3 hours or overnight until frozen solid.
5. When ready to serve the granita, remove from freezer. Using a fork, scrape granita down length of pan, forming icy flakes. Return to freezer for at least 1 hour.
6. In a medium bowl, whip whipping cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
7. To serve, scoop flaked granita into tall goblets or parfait glasses, filling halfway. Top with prepared whipped cream and sprinkle with shaved chocolate for garnish. Serve immediately.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.