2 cups flour
2 1/2 sticks butter, cubed and chilled
3 tablespoons ice water
4 slices bacon, chopped
3/4 cup cheddar, grated
1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Pulse flour and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Gradually add water until the mixture comes together. Roll out on a lightly floured surface until ½ inch thick. Line a fluted tart tin with removable base, with pastry. Trim the excess. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
2. Cook bacon in a frying pan over medium heat until rendered and crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain onto a paper towel.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degreesF. Line dough with non-stick baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and pastry weights or rice. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until light golden. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
4. Sprinkle half the bacon and half the cheddar over the dough Arrange broccolini on top, trimming to fit if necessary. Whisk eggs with salt and pepper until well combined. Pour over broccolini. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and cheddar. Bake for 35 minutes or until just set.
5. Let cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces, wrap individually.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.