3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground clove
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground fennel
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground anise
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup water
Method of Preparation:
1. Combine flours, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
2. In a saucepan, heat honey, and molasses until simmering,. Remove, then allow to cool completely.
3. Whip together sugar and eggs until white, about 4 minutes.
4. Add milk, water, and cooled honey mixture. Gradually add the dry ingredients. Mix only until combined.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
6. Roll out dough until ¼ inch thick. Cut into desired shape.
7. Brush with whole milk before baking in a 350 degrees F preheated oven for 15 minutes.
8. Cool and garnish as desired.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.