1 cup dried porcini mushrooms
1 1/2 cups water
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound Arborio rice
1/2 cup red or white wine
2 quarts vegetable stock
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
¼ cup heavy cream
salt and black pepper to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Gather all the ingredients and equipment.
2. Soak the dried porcini in warm water for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain, reserving liquid. Strain the liquid through cheese cloth to remove any sand and use in place of some of the stock. Chop mushrooms and hold.
3. Heat oil in an appropriately sized pan. Add onions and cook over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add rice to sauté pan and toss with onions and garlic. Heat, stirring constantly, for a few minutes.
4. Add wine to the pan and simmer until wine reduces and blends into rice. Add stock in stages, 1 cup at a time stirring constantly. Each addition of stock must absorb into the rice before adding more stock. Continue this process until the rice is al dente, and the dish has a creamy consistency, about 25 minutes. Do not let the last addition dry completely.
5. Fold in reconstituted porcini mushrooms. Add heavy cream. Blend in butter and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.