1. THE DAY ALL EYES ARE ON NORTH KOREA
Pyongyang residents filled the streets to celebrate the birthday of founding father Kim Il Sung, oblivious to tensions over a possible North Korean missile launch.
2. RECOUNT DEMANDED AFTER CLOSE VOTE IN VENEZUELA ELECTION
Chavez' chosen successor, Vice President Nicholas Maduro narrowly defeated challenger Henrique Capriles by about 300,000 votes.
3. DOZENS KILLED IN STRING OF MORNING ATTACKS IN IRAQ
The attacks, many involving car bombs, killed at least 27 a week before Iraqis were to vote in the country's first elections since the 2011 troop withdrawal.
4. HIGH COURT TO HEAR CRITICAL CASE ON PATENTING HUMAN GENES
Approval could help the multi-billion dollar biotechnology business, but critics say it will slow down lifesaving medical research.
5. PROBE OF TEXAS DA'S DEATH FOCUSES ON EX-JUSTICE
Eric Lyle Williams, convicted of theft in a case prosecuted by Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland, was jailed this weekend on charges of making a terroristic threat.
6. KEY GOP SUPPORT FOR GUN CONTROL BILL
Sen. Susan Collins of Maine said she would vote for a compromise on background checks, and Sen. John McCain said he was "favorably disposed" to it.
7. ONE DEAD AFTER DUG OUT OF AVALANCHE, ONE MISSING
It took rescue groups five or six hours to reach the snowshoer after a pair of spring avalanches struck hiking groups in the Cascade Mountains near Seattle.
8. NYPD TACTIC UNDER SCRUTINY
A court ruling casts a harsh light on using planted, unattended wallets and "bait cars" to snare crooks.
9. BIEBER OFFENDS WITH ANNE FRANK COMMENT
The pop star wrote in the guest book at the Amsterdam museum memorializing the Holocaust victim that he hopes she "would have been a Belieber."
10. THE FIRST AUSSIE TO WEAR THE GREEN JACKET
Adam Scott beats Angel Cabrera on the second hole of a soggy playoff to win the Masters.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.