Fire forces residents out of Pawtucket home - News, Weather and Classifieds for Southern New England

Fire forces residents out of Pawtucket home

Posted: Updated:
PAWTUCKET, R.I. -

A smoky fire forced residents of a Pawtucket triple-decker out of their homes.

No one was hurt in what firefighters believe was an electrical fire on Newell Avenue at about 8 p.m. Monday.

About a dozen tenants were forced to stay elsewhere.

Third-floor resident Benvinda Barbosa was home at the time of the fire.

"My husband come in and said, 'It's smoke. It's smoke.' I said, 'It's smoke? Where?' I see smoke. I go to the second floor. I knock. There's no one there. I go downstairs and take everyone out," Barbosa said.

That's where she found Nick Barbosa. He said,

"She came downstairs running, saying there was a fire. So, I come to check it out and there was mad fire over there. Then we tried to hose it down over there with the hose and it didn't work. I went to the second floor, kicked the door down. There was no one there. We called the police," Nick Barbosa said.

Other tenants, like those on the second floor, came home to realize their home was damaged.

Powered by WorldNow

23 Kenney Drive
Cranston, R.I., 02920

Telephone: 401.455.9100
Fax: 401.455.9140
Email: news@wjar.com

Can't find something?

NBC 10 Outerwear Provided by:

NBC 10 Media Relations
Provided by:

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.