2 pounds sweet potato
12 ounces ricotta cheese, drained
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 sticks butter
6 tablespoons sage, chopped
Method of Preparation:
1. Place sweet potatoes on a plate lined with parchment paper and microwave on high until tender, about 5 minutes per side. Cut in half and cool. Scrape sweet potato flesh into medium bowl and mash; transfer 3 cups to large bowl. Add ricotta cheese and combine. Add Parmesan cheese, brown sugar, salt, and nutmeg and mash to blend. Mix in flour, about 1/2 cup at a time, until soft dough forms.
2. Place the dough on a floured surface and roll into a 20 inch long rope (about 1 inch diameter.) Cut each rope into about 20 pieces. Roll each piece over tines of fork to indent. Transfer to baking sheet.
3. Bring large pot of water with 2 tbsp. of salt to a boil. Working in batches, boil gnocchi until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer gnocchi to clean rimmed baking sheet. Cool completely.
4. Melt 2 sticks of butter in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until butter solids are brown, about 5 minutes.
5. Add chopped sage. Turn off heat and add salt and pepper to taste. Add gnocchi and sauté for 6 minutes.