1. 'ARGO,' 'LIFE OF PI' BIG OSCAR WINNERS
Ben Affleck's CIA thriller won best picture, while "Life of Pi" won four trophies, including best director for Ang Lee.
2. STATE-BY-STATE FALLOUT FROM BUDGET CUTS
The White House detailed the impact from $85 billion in cuts set to take effect at week's end.
3. A DATE FOR END OF CASTRO ERA
Raul Castro says he will step down as Cuba's president in 2018.
4. ASSIGNING BLAME FOR GULF OIL SPILL
A trial begins today to determine how much in damages oil giant BP and other companies should pay for the 2010 disaster.
5. A VOTE ON THE ECONOMY IN ITALY
Italians are deciding whether to renew support for Premier Mario Monti and his austerity agenda.
6. WHAT POPE BENEDICT SAID IN HIS FINAL SUNDAY BLESSING
The pontiff said God had called him to dedicate himself "even more to prayer and meditation," which he will do in a monastery.
7. ANOTHER STORM HEADED TO CENTRAL US
Blizzard warnings were in effect in Kansas after up to a foot and a half of snow fell there last week.
8. SETH MACFARLANE PRAISED AS IRREVERENT OSCAR HOST
"Macfarlane's strategic misbehavior furnished welcome relief," AP Television Writer Frazier Moore says.
9. TRIPS AND FALLS AT THE OSCARS
Best Actress winner Jennifer Lawrence stumbled on her way to the podium, and injured presenter Kristen Lawrence hobbled onstage.
10. POUR ON THE OLIVE OIL
A five-year study finds people who ate Mediterranean-style diets had a 30 percent lower risk of cardiovascular problems.
23 Kenney Drive
Can't find something?
Contact Us • Work With Us • FCC Public File • For problems with the FCC Public File • EEO Public Filings
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.