1. Pretend to be a burglar. Walk around your house and ask yourself: How would I break in?
2. Look like you’re home--even when you’re not--by using automatic light and radio timers.
3. Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house.
4. Don’t just hide a spare key. Bury it.
5. If you lose your keys, change the locks immediately.
6. Don’t leave notes on your door…these are a welcome mat for burglars!
7. Get a safe! Not just for jewels and cash…but your paperwork.
8. Create a neighborhood watch on your block.
9. Get and close heavy drapes in rooms where there is expensive equipment.
10. Equip your home with a security system.